Michael Nicholson is a main character of Endangered. Michael's life is defined by constant mistakes. Nearing middle age, and still having done nothing with his life, Michael retreats to his numerous addictions to fill the empty voids. Often found drinking, Michael hopes to drink the past away--or kill himself, either would work.
A man torn apart by his past failures, Michael is a man defined by his self-loathing, lack of self-esteem and apathy towards the life around him. He clings onto his mistakes, and despite knowing how he has failed as a person, believes he cannot overcome his demons nor deserve happiness. This emptiness has often led Michael down roads of depression and addictions. Believing himself a curse onto others, Michael refuses to make connections with people and tends to avoid socializing all together. Even with his visible depression, Michael is a natural wisecracker, although this humor has turned sarcastic and dry in recent years.
Despite his vices and attitude, Michael is not a terrible person. Although he struggles to look past his own problems, Michael can be very compassionate when with others. A soul just looking for love, Michael will be very disciplined and loyal to those who accept him.
- Sarah Benjamin - Daughter
- James Benjamin - Former brother-in-law
- Zoey Benjamin† - Wife
- Jonathan Nicholson† - Son
- While Endangered is an ensemble piece, Michael and Victoria Cummings can be considered the lead characters. Between the two, Michael is the closest thing the story has to a protagonist, as his arc will compromise of most the story's themes.
- A previous iteration of Michael, alongside Tori, appeared as a contestant in the second UFSW Hunger Games, where he placed 10th.
- For more information see his page here.
- Michael's personality type is INFP.
|Michael Nicholson • James Benjamin • Sarah Benjamin • Angelina Benjamin|
|Victoria Cummings • Hunter James • Dre Ocean • McCoy Davis|
|Sandra Cobb • Maya Phillips • Lara Drake • Tate Levine • Evan Hamilton|
|Ethan Brash • Anahi Cruz|
|Reyes Young • Joel Ramsay • Santiago Navarro|
|Living characters appear in white. Deceased characters appear in brown.|